Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Crescent Order Forum Index -> The Commons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Callack-TCO
TCO Member

re: Everyone's Summer

How has everyone's summer been so far?  Mine has been good.  Just enjoying working in the sun!

Hammer Gently
TCO Member

Spent much time in monthly trips cross country to deal with my parents' estate. We're (five siblings) still dealing with their accumulated physical memorabilia and trying to get the residence ready for refurbishing and marketing. Surprising what they acquired over 7 decades together. Lots of memories in the old homestead, mixed feelings of loss and wonder at all they accomplished. Summer here at home has been extremely hot, heat wave after heat wave, with highs at-or-above 100 on many occasions, and heat indexes hovering in the 110-120 range. Humidity high (contributing to the high heat index), after a spring of record rainfalls and local flooding that is still in effect with lakes overflowing into parks, campsites, and even some urban areas. When you get 12" of rain in a week, it's unusual... but when it happens several times over two months, that's historical!

But I/we are healthy, love being retired together, and spend much time tending our veggie and herb gardens, and culturing/crafting herbal remedies to take the place of expensive medications... practicing medical survival in anticipation of the coming ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE! Also keeping my eyes sharp at the range with a variety of weapons, including bow/arrows; you just never know... with ZOMBIES!

-TCO Councilor - Very Retired
-Awards Committee Chairman - Retired
TCO:LotRO Officer/Grand Poobah - Recently UN-Retired (*sigh*)

"So... I'm tired and I was RETIRED... really! It's been a long haul, and now I'm back in the mix... but I think I'm gonna go take a nap now"

Hammer Gently wrote:

Spent much time in monthly trips cross country to deal with my parents' estate. We're (five siblings) still dealing with their accumulated physical memorabilia and trying to get the residence ready for refurbishing and marketing. Surprising what they acquired over 7 decades together. Lots of memories in the old homestead, mixed feelings of loss and wonder at all they accomplished. Summer here at home has been extremely hot, heat wave after heat wave, with highs at-or-above 100 on many occasions, and heat indexes hovering in the 110-120 range. Humidity high (contributing to the high heat index), after a spring of record rainfalls and local flooding that is still in effect with lakes overflowing into parks, campsites, and even some urban areas. When you get 12" of rain in a week, it's unusual... but when it happens several times over two months, that's historical!

But I/we are healthy, love being retired together, and spend much time tending our veggie and herb gardens, and culturing/crafting herbal remedies to take the place of expensive medications... practicing medical survival in anticipation of the coming ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE! Also keeping my eyes sharp at the range with a variety of weapons, including bow/arrows; you just never know... with ZOMBIES!

And I thought I had it bad with average temps in the high 90s...

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Crescent Order Forum Index -> The Commons All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum